Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Colors of Kauai



I just returned from a short, but wonderful, trip over to the Hawaiian Islands to visit family in the small resort town of Poipu, Kauai. My dad and his wife had rented a beach condo at the Kiahuna Plantation, which was perfectly placed on the edge of the coast, just a few footsteps from the pristine sand and crystal-clear water. 22 years ago, when I was only 7 years old, my family had traveled to Kauai for spring break, where we stayed outside of Hanalei. With exposure to paradise at such an early age, I was hesitant to return, insisting that it could never live up to what it was when I was young, full of innocence and wonder. But with the opportunity to return after so many years, I couldn't pass it up. I soon realized that my 7-year-old self was right. It truly is paradise, and is actually more wonderful than I had remembered. The water is bluer, the grass greener, the sky clearer, the water crisper, the air lighter, the fragrances more potent than anyone could ever imagine. Beauty is most certainly all around. Needless to say, Kauai is still my favorite place on earth, because it's heaven on earth.

Here are some photos from my visit:






























































































All photos by Samantha Jane Samuels, Copyright ® 2013