Sunday, August 12, 2012

French Women Don't Get Fat


If there is one "diet" book you should read, it's "French Women Don't Get Fat" by Mareille Guiliano.  As an obsessor of healthy food and well being, I tend to overdo it sometimes... okay most of the time.  The hardest part of maintaining any healthy lifestyle, is balance.  Guiliano does an amazing job of reminding the reader that she has absolute control over her relationship with food.  Rather than being enslaved by diets, gyms, and unwanted pounds, she unveils several tricks up the sleeves of every slender French woman.  

This was a life changer, and falls wonderfully in line with what I've learned and implemented from Eckhart Tolle's teachings in The Power of Now and A New Earth.

If we become more aware of not only WHAT we are eating, but more importantly, HOW we are eating, and WHY, we will start to enjoy food in a whole new light.  We will no longer need large portions to fulfill our hunger and fill our stomachs.  

Needless to say, I have started to implement her ideas into my life, and I am really enjoying the results.  Not only have I found times to just go for a walk and drink more water, I'm savoring every bite of my food!  Oh and my jeans are baggier than ever!

Life is so much more pleasurable when you stop to smell the roses, and taste the chocolate as it melts on your tongue.  

Bon Appetit!